the Lumbar Extender, please read and follow these simple guidelines
to maximize the
As with every fitness program, consult your physican before
using the Lumbar Extender, especially if you have pre-existing
back or neck injuries or conditions.
* No person
should use the Lumbar Extender without first consulting a
the Lumbar Extender only for its intended purpose.
• Always use the Lumbar Extender on a level, non-slip surface. A secured
mat, rug or carpet should
• be used. Familiarize yourself with the pictures
on the User Instructions page showing the different
you may want to do.
• Observe the following recommendations for time use and level of arch
• Select your favorite position to use the Lumbar Extender.
• Perform a five-minute stretch per session in your desired position.
Two sessions a day are
• recommended, although you may enjoy using the
Lumbar Extender even
three times a day.
• If you find it difficult to stretch for five minutes, stop.
Do only what you are comfortable with and
• slowly work up to five minutes.
• If you experience discomfort in the beginning, it is usually just an
indication of the amount of
• tension and tightness in
your back and should subside in time.
If you have any doubts, please
using the Lumbar Extender and check with your physician.
• Pay special attention to your daily progress. Individual results
may vary. Some users experience
• immediate relief and noticeable benefits,
may take several weeks.
you experience any irregular physical condition, such as
questionable muscle or joint pain, stop stretching
and consult your
Regardless of your physical condition, begin at the Level
1 arch adjustment.
• As your flexibility and posture improve, you may want
to experiment with the Level 2 and 3 arch
• adjustment, although
it is not necessary.
The Level 3 arch adjustment
is designed for advanced
or yoga practitioners only.
• Relax. One of the keys to a good tension relieving stretch
is relaxation. Take a deep breath,
• exhale gently, and let
your body weight work
together with gravity.
You will achieve a greater
• stretch and arrive at a more relaxed
state sooner. Relax as much as possible when using your
Extender. It will become easier
to do with regular use.
• Always use the Lumbar Extender with the narrow end positioned
toward your head and the wide
• end positioned toward your buttocks.